Aussie Aquarium Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Australian aquarium forum about all tropical fish

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

grean terrors locking jaws

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mrterror

Male Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-15

grean terrors locking jaws Empty
PostSubject: grean terrors locking jaws   grean terrors locking jaws EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 6:55 am

i,m pritty shore i got a male and a female grean terror and they have just started chasing each other around the tank and they have started locking jaws i was just wondering if some one could tell me if this is coz they r getting ready to bread or shes not old enough yet and he is i,m not realy shore whats going on these ar emy first 2 there awsome looking fish and last night i put one of my jaguars in the tank and it,s sorta calmed the agression down a bit against the female the jag is only 4 or 5 cm cheers michael
Back to top Go down
dean30bb
Admin
dean30bb

Male Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: grean terrors locking jaws   grean terrors locking jaws EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 9:35 am

hey mate welcome abored it sounds like they could possibly be pairing up

how big are they at the moment?
Back to top Go down
https://aussie-aquariums.forumotion.com
mrterror

PostSubject: sounds good   grean terrors locking jaws EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 10:36 am

his about 10cm and shes about 8cm i hope so i don,t no much about these fish as i have never had any of my fish breed appart from my bolivians
Back to top Go down
mrterror

PostSubject: Re: grean terrors locking jaws   grean terrors locking jaws EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 12:43 am

good news checked the tank this morning they have layed eggs lastnight they didn,t lay them in the container i put in there with slate in it they layed there egg on a piece of drift wood
Back to top Go down
dean30bb
Admin
dean30bb

PostSubject: Re: grean terrors locking jaws   grean terrors locking jaws EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 8:35 am

oh ok awesome lol so they were pairing up do you have any plecos in the tank because they can eat the eggs with out the parents knowing or is it just the jagthat you put with them?
Back to top Go down
mrterror

PostSubject: Re: grean terrors locking jaws   grean terrors locking jaws EmptyMon Feb 16, 2009 9:51 am

i took everything out to day i had my pleco and a dozen britlenoses in there and the jag but i have since put then in a 20inch
Back to top Go down
dean30bb
Admin
dean30bb

PostSubject: Re: grean terrors locking jaws   grean terrors locking jaws EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 3:37 am

awesome good one mate hope it all gose well for you you shoyld try and get some pics up for us all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mrterror

PostSubject: Re: grean terrors locking jaws   grean terrors locking jaws EmptyTue Feb 17, 2009 1:19 pm

ya will do when i get my camera fixed so far so good i hope havn,t checked the eggs don,t realy want to destube then to much after i cleaned the tank as from what u have been told that green terrors are very picky when it comes to having there tank clean lol fusssy shits lol well hopefully i,ll have my under water cam box delivered soon then i,ll be able to get some pics for all of u of the babys

cheers michael
Back to top Go down
dean30bb
Admin
dean30bb

PostSubject: Re: grean terrors locking jaws   grean terrors locking jaws EmptyWed Feb 18, 2009 6:24 am

awesome cant wiat mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nitty

nitty

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: grean terrors locking jaws   grean terrors locking jaws EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 9:36 am

grats on the eggs Smile
Back to top Go down
mrterror

PostSubject: Re: grean terrors locking jaws   grean terrors locking jaws EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 2:29 pm

they ended up eating them but they layed another batch and now i got lil wriglers but i had to seperate the male coz he was eating them the female is fine she don,t go near the bottom of the tank to feed she just eats the falling food and any thing that gets past her the babys are laying in to already and they only hatched some time in the night between the 27th and 28th also does any one have any advice on moving fry this young coz i have to move house on the 16th at the latest coz i have to hand my keys back by the 17th cheers people thanks for all the support
Back to top Go down
dean30bb
Admin
dean30bb

PostSubject: Re: grean terrors locking jaws   grean terrors locking jaws EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 5:44 am

you could try moving them as you would with larger fish but i doubt that they will have much of a chance because of the stress they will go though but just try moving them into a bucket and see how it goes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: grean terrors locking jaws   grean terrors locking jaws Empty

Back to top Go down

grean terrors locking jaws
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aussie Aquarium Forum :: fresh water :: Cichlids-
Jump to: